Have you tried New Years Resolutions before and they never seem to work?
Most of us have.
In fact, 92% of us have failed to make New Years Resolutions work according to Forbes. And, I personally failed so many times with New Years Resolutions that I gave up on them entirely.
That was until I got tired of being unhappy and began researching my new book Happy Habits: Energize Your Career and Life in 4 Minutes a Day. Then, I discovered that there is a new and better approach to New Years Resolutions and being happier. It’s the Happy Habits Method™, which is based on proven habit creation techniques by Stanford University’s BJ Fogg.
Here’s why it works.
- The best way to improve your life is to change things you do every day. With the Happy Habits Method you will be picking three things you want to change.
- Since 40% of everyone’s day is run by habits – activities you do on autopilot, this is the highest impact place to make meaningful changes. If you learned a bad or unhealthy habit, then you can learn a happy or healthy habit instead. With Happy Habits, the focus is on creating positive habits, which is more effective then trying to eliminate bad habits.
- To change a habit permanently, it takes 40-66 days not just 21 days so you need a plan or New Years resolution that is at least 8 weeks long to ensure your success. If you use the Happy Habits Plan for your New Year’s Resolution, it is an 8-week program.
- Since it takes at least 8 weeks to form new habits, you need a strong reason why you want to make a change. With Happy Habits, you set an intention as part of the Happy Habits Planner.
- Many people fail with New Year’s Resolutions because they try to take on too much. Happy Habits works because you only have to do 4 minutes a day. Once you have established permanent happy habits, you can always extend the time and build on your success.
- You are more likely to succeed if you have shared accountability for your New Years Resolution. With Happy Habits, you register your three habits weekly for free with tinyhabits.com and you receive emails every day to confirm whether you completed your habits/tasks.
- It is helpful to focus your New Years Resolution on who you want to BE versus what you want to HAVE. For example, you can set an intention that you want to be happier this year. The Happy Habits Planner includes a place for you to create your intention.
- Any plan including a New Years Resolution works best if it is personalized. With Happy Habits, you select three Happy Habits from a list of 40 energy-raising habits and you select triggers or reminders within your schedule that will help you complete them. This is based on Stanford University’s BJ Fogg’s methodology for creating habits successfully.
- Many of us take on new things at New Years because we want to be happier. If you focus on being happy first in the present and inside yourself, you have a better chance of being happier.
- Happy Habits has worked for 98% of people who have completed the 8-week program.
If you are tried of making New Years Resolutions that don’t work, get Happy Habits: Energize Your Career and Life in 4 Minutes a Day and make 2018 your happiest and healthiest year ever.
The Happy Habits book is available in the following formats:
Available on Amazon
Available on Amazon
Available on Audible and iTunes