Using a New Years Resolution That Works
Have you tried a New Years Resolution before and they never seem to work? Most of us have. In fact, 92% of us have failed to make New Years Resolutions work according to Forbes. And, I personally failed so many times with New Years Resolutions that I gave up on them entirely. That was until I got tired of being unhappy and began researching my new book Happy Habits: Energize Your Career and Life in 4 Minutes a Day. Then, I discovered that there is a new and better approach to New Years Resolutions and being happier. It’s the Happy Habits Method™ and it is based on proven habit creation techniques by Stanford University’s BJ Fogg.
Here’s why it works.
- The best way to improve your life is to change things you do every day. With the Happy Habits Method you will be picking three things you want to change.
- Since 40% of everyone’s day is run by habits – activities you do on autopilot, this is the highest impact place to make meaningful changes. If you learned a bad or unhealthy habit, then you can learn a happy or healthy habit instead. With Happy Habits, the focus is on creating positive habits, which is more effective then trying to eliminate bad habits.
- To change a habit permanently, it takes 40-66 days not just 21 days so you need a plan or New Years resolution that is at least 8 weeks long to ensure your success. If you use the Happy Habits Plan for your New Year’s Resolution, it is an 8-week program.
- Since it takes at least 8 weeks to form new habits, you need a strong reason why you want to make a change. With Happy Habits, you set an intention as part of the Happy Habits Planner.
- Many people fail with New Year’s Resolutions because they try to take on too much. Happy Habits works because you only have to do 4 minutes a day. Once you have established permanent happy habits, you can always extend the time and build on your success.
- You are more likely to succeed if you have shared accountability for your New Years Resolution. With Happy Habits, you register your three habits weekly for free with tinyhabits.com and you receive emails every day to confirm whether you completed your habits/tasks.
- It is helpful to focus your New Years Resolution on who you want to BE versus what you want to HAVE. For example, you can set an intention that you want to be happier this year. The Happy Habits Planner includes a place for you to create your intention.
- Any plan including a New Years Resolution works best if it is personalized. With Happy Habits, you select three Happy Habits from a list of 40 energy-raising habits and you select triggers or reminders within your schedule that will help you complete them. This is based on Stanford University’s BJ Fogg’s methodology for creating habits successfully.
- Many of us take on new things at New Years because we want to be happier. If you focus on being happy first in the present and inside yourself, you have a better chance of being happier.
- Happy Habits has worked for 98% of people who have completed the 8-week program.
InspiredWork is pleased to announce that the Happy Habits audiobook is now available. In addition, InspiredWork has lowered the price of both the Happy Habits eBook (from $7.99 to 2.99) and the Happy Habits paperback book (from $14.99 to $9.99) so that more people can adopt Happy Habits as a new and better way to do their New Years Resolution and make 2016 their happiest year ever.
Here is a list of book formats, prices and links where the book is currently available.
Available on Amazon
Available on Audible and iTunes
InspiredWork™ is an online job search training, personal branding and career transformation company that helps professionals create their own inspired work and brand so they can be happy at work and love their life. InspiredWork is the publisher of the Happy Habits: Energize Your Career and Life in 4 Minutes a Day book, which is written by Vicki Morris, Career Happiness Coach and Founder of InspiredWork.com. Visit http://www.inspiredwork.com/media-kit for more details about the Happy Habits book.
About Vicki Morris (the Author of Happy Habits)
Vicki Morris is the Career Happiness Coach, founder of InspiredWork.com and creator of the InspiredWork™ Career Transformation System, blending twenty-five years of experience as a high tech hiring manager, inspirational business leader, brand strategist, career mentor, and spiritual practitioner. InspiredWork helps professionals raise their energy with Happy Habits and create their own inspired work and brand so they can be happy at work and love their life.
Prior to InspiredWork, Vicki was the founder and CEO of a global marketing agency. Before that, she was VP of Marketing at several Global 2000 and Inc. 500 software companies. Earlier in her career, she launched Java at Sun and was awarded the President’s Award. Vicki started her career at Oracle, while completing her MBA at the University of Chicago. She also has a Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Service from Georgetown University. During her career, Vicki published numerous articles and presented at conferences in more than 30 countries.
You can follow Vicki at: